Qunxian Complex

Posted: 2016-09-14   Visits: 84



Qunxian Complex is a five-building complex in typical Jiageng style, southern-Chinese Fujian roof and western facade. The whole Complex follows the rule of one main building (Qunxian Building) and four subordinate ones (Nangying, Tong'an, Jimei and Yingxue) in a row. 

The main building Qunxian looks like the letter "T" in shape and takes up 2,600 square meters. The two big characteristics "QunXian" on the top of the building, were written by Lim Boon Keng, president in 1930. "Qunxian" is quoted from the great calligrapher Wang Xizhi’s masterpiece. "Tong'an" and "Jimei" are the place names; "Nangying" and "Yingxue" are literary quotations.

The Qunxian Building Complex is one of the earliest buildings in Siming campus, XMU.  Among the five buildings, Nangying is well-known as the "famous historic building of Fujian" for the first branch of CPC (Communist Party of China) in Fujian was set up here.

In front of the complex there is a bronze statue of Tan Kah Kee, cast in 1983, by Sun Xilin, in memory of 110th anniversary of Tan’s birth.